High-Density: Cold Storage
September 29, 2021
Cold Storage is expensive. According to CBRE, construction costs per sq. ft. for a temperature-controlled facility can be as much as triple the cost of constructing a traditional warehouse, and cold storage warehouses have one of the highest electric energy usage volumes in the commercial building sector. Therefore, maximizing your space and decreasing energy inefficiencies is crucial to save money and increase profits.
Many industries require temperature-controlled environments or cold storage to preserve their products or as a part of their production process, including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, food processing and manufacturing, science laboratories and research centers, information technology and data centers, museums, and archives.
Datum’s MobileTrak® High-Density Storage Systems save space, time, and money by:
- Creating a space where inventory is visible and quickly accessible, reducing retrieval time and increasing energy efficiency.
- Doubling storage capacity without expensive renovations or off-site storage, which can interrupt productivity.
- Maximizing the capacity of the space and helping maintain temperatures by reducing the air that escapes when the area is accessed, reducing energy costs.
Optional MobileTrak® Features for Cold Storage:
- Metal crank handle to withstand below-freezing temperatures
- Galvanized steel decking and carriage to decrease moisture retention
- Stainless steel tracks and wheels to prevent rust
- Can be configured for use in temperatures down to -25 degrees Fahrenheit
Click below to see all posts related to that topic
Talk to an expert.
The Client When Central York High School was left with very little space to store the gear and sports equipment for the athletic department, the school knew it needed to find a storage solution that would maximize the space. In addition, it was important for the area to provide the capacity required by the department…
When Kennesaw State University decided to start a football program, they realized they needed help meeting the storage needs of the new program. The space dedicated to the program was cramped and had a steel support column in the room, making it difficult to plan out the necessary storage shelving and units needed to hold…
Datum Storage Solutions provides quality, durable storage solutions to assist healthcare employees improve patient care by maximizing storage capacity and creating safe, efficient workspaces. Datum’s products are designed to meet the specific demands of healthcare facilities and offer the flexibility necessary to evolve and grow with storage needs, thus saving the time, money, and space…